Sunday 6 July 2008

Hello it's very nice to meet you!!


Thought I'd have some creative artwork courtesy of my nine year old son,pop art or something!!
So my first post on my new blog,very exciting.
I'll do a brief waffle about us. We are a Christian family with 4 extremely diverse creations, our kids. They vary in age from 2 to 12, 3 boys and 1 girl.
Our journey in parenting and becoming a family has had its challenges and delights. It is an adventure I'd repeat though!
It has been very,very hard but also unexplainably rewarding at the same time. I have certainly lost a lot of pride and ridiculous idealism along the way,thank the Lord for that,hey!!
We as a family are deeply passionate about home ed and the rich difference it makes to all our lives,even our extended families enriched because of it.
I tend to be a bit of a DIYer',birth,education,health and also church as we are part of a home church. We are also involved in local christian community radio (I do announcements,tee hee!!) and my husband works for a real grassroots christian media business. We are also looking to set up our own resource serving business to the home ed community here,which is ever growing.
I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to keeping up with other home ed families on this ring. Please say hello if your visiting,I'd love to get to know your blog.
I guess as far as learning goes we are pretty eclectic and spiritally devotedly focused. We use themes and learn around them with lots of creative freedom,sounds good eh?!!
Enjoy the rest of this weekend with its delightful weather!!

5 comments:

eba said...

Hi!
I just realized that there are home-schooling blogs out there - this is one, then, am I right? ;) We plan on homeschooling starting this fall, I have some photos in my blog, along wiht some craft-stuff and life in general :D

Bridget said...

Hi There,
Told you I'd drop by, looking forward to reading all about you.

OhLookADuck said...

Oh hello! Nice to meet you.
I'm also a DIY'er. Home birth, home school, etc.

I love seeing how other moms home educate their children. Thanks to Bridget (comment above) (hello, Bridget!) we've added some wonderful art projects that are perfect for our summer transition. I love Bridget's blog, but I only understand about 75% of what she's talking about. There is somewhat of a language barrier! It's so funny--I just love it!

I'll be coming back to visit. Have fun blogging!
Karen

stefndawniy said...

*waving
hiya look forward to seeing your blog then , nice to 'see' a new face.

Hannah said...

Welcome to the world of blogging - I'm looking forward to reading more :o)