Monday 14 July 2008

Another day....

I'm not that good at uploading photos, they are either too big or too small.
Oh well.I do like that photo of my eldest and youngest son. It was taken last year at the beginning of our new year of learning and I suppose it is quite apt to finish with that photo.
They have both grown incredibly!! R our eldest child is now the same height as me and my husband!! I guess that's not difficult as we are both only 5 foot 4. He is fairly tall though,he's 11 and a half and has very hairy legs!! I cannot believe how he's developed and changed in what seems like just a few short years. It does make you think.



We have now declared a break of any organised work and we are free to enjoy the summer so we are on holiday. I know the learning never stops and we do a lot of outdoor stuff and other activities,but a complete break from normal routine I'm sure will do us good.
I will probably do more cleaning and catch up on the non essentials you can't see!

It is always interesting to see how the children manage their own time,it never ceases to amaze me how they end up doing their own learning activities,it just happens naturally.We like to have a looooooong summer break. The education doesn't stop it's just different.


We had a great time out the other day at a victorian museum/leisure park. About 30 people came men,woman and children!! I organised it,very scary. I would do it again though,even though a few people were late and the guides were a bit stern at first.
It was a great day though and only rained whilst we were under cover having strict lessons with the threat of the cane in the school house!
We also got to dress up,including me,although I didn't like the hat so I changed it!! We had a gorgeous carriage ride,only thing was the horse was really lazy so a girl had to peg it with a feed bag like the clappers to get him going,bless him! He was a beautiful shire horse.

The weather's a bit iffy isn't it? Planning on walking to the other side of the city to visit Grandma tomorrow,with a picnic in the middle.

Enjoy the week whatever you do!!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

We don't usually take a summer break, but we've had a lot of stress recently and on a friends advice decided to this year.Today was our first day and the children were up to all sorts with clipboards counting things and recording their results. Funny aren't they? Now if I'd asked them to do that it would have been a different story!!

Anonymous said...

HI

We are on our summer break too - and hoping that the weather will improve soon! Your trip sounds good. Lou

(will e-mail you with my new blog details) x