Tuesday 8 July 2008

All in a days work!!




Finally we've finished decorating our bedroom. It sounds very nice to be decorating ones boudriore (bad spelling) but it has been a neccessity not a luxury. We had the huge bedroom at the front of our house and were forced to vacate by our 3 sons desperatly busting out of the average sized middle room.

It causes sooo much chaos.

But hopefully playing musical beds will pay off eventually. I must admit I love the new decor in our room it's very pretty.Everyone will have a new room.


Hub has had a couple of days off,its been great to finish the above and grab some much needed little breaks when he's taken the kids off to the park.

Hub and I also had a coffee date today at the very posh shopping mall,lovely for about an hour and a half.

I was not planning on spending any money,but came back with a cute pair of dungerees with hearts and flowers on them for darling daughter and some gorgeous teddy bear soft leather shoes for a friends bubba.

I couldn't resist popping into Lush for two "Ickle baby bath bombs",at only one pound each I decided I should have two!! That last shop was too tempting,it's on the way back to the carpark and the smell is very aluring.

We had tea at mum inlaws,wonderful to have someone else cook,what a blessing. The kids adore Grandma and Grandad,so its great to have them in the same City.


Someone from the community radio I'm involved with has asked me to do a desert island disk type thingie. It entails writing a brief biography then choosing 5 songs that have meaning for me and being interviewd,yikes!!



Maybe you could inspire me and do your own desert island disks,go on help me out!!






2 comments:

Elaine, Ellies Treasures said...

I'll have a think (about my 5 tunes). I know the tunes, just not very good with titles and band names. Elle

Elaine, Ellies Treasures said...

OK, I've had a think.

"Sailing", Christopher Cross. This is mine and hubby's "tune" and always makes me stop and think whenever I hear it on the radio.

"I will always return", Bryan Adams for the film "Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron" (a favourite film). This is always a favourite soundtrack for the whole family and the words to this song help me whenever hubby is away from home on business.

"Don't stop me now", Queen. Brilliant, lively, makes me want to dance and reminds me of the fabulous dancing school shows I used to participate in as a child.

"Walking on sunshine" Katrina and the Waves. Sang this alot when I left my first job in London to set up home further North with hubby. Freedom! Strangely enough I heard it on the radio the day we moved from our town home to the countryside about a year ago - singing, dancing and smiles all round.

"Theme tune from Hill Street Blues". This goes back to senior school days when I started to get into "pop" music and this was in the charts and I just loved it. Still do today, not sure why just brings back memories of being young I guess.

Elle